Friday, September 23, 2011

What to do with my tranny?

I just bought this '95 Ford F-350 with 12' dump bed with 190,000 miles

on it from a construction company about 6 months ago for $2000. After

going through all the maintainance and checks I ended up changing the

radiator, water pump, fan clutch, hoses, belt, rear differential clutch

plates and all fluids and filters including putting new fluid in the

E4OD Electronic 4-speed automatic transmission and replacing the filter

in the pan and the one on the line to the transmission cooler. I took

it to LA from Reno and cleaned up a property by taking 30 full loads of

junk to the dump 8 miles away through hilly country. The overdrive off

switch on the shift lever was completely missing when I bought the truck

and I didn't get a chance to fix it or think that it was a big deal to

not have it. On the way back to Reno I hauled all my things back in the

bed and in a 22' cargo trailer. It was a pretty heavy load. I took 395

back to Reno through the mountains.
What to do with my tranny?
to rebuild the trani will be a nightmare!!! if it was me i would try to get as much out of the one that you have now. i would put in some lucas trani stabalizer and see how far it got me.



Dont get me wrong you need a new trani but i would milk it for as long as you can because you already need a new one. Sounds like the damage is to far gone man.
What to do with my tranny?
clutch packs are burned out.. when one wears they start droping like dominos... sorry replace it... and the thing is with a tranny.. you cant dress them up and take them out... they need to say in the closet
please stop posting such question

No comments:

Post a Comment