Friday, June 3, 2011

What is the steam coming from my radiator?

I just did a oil change and radiator flush on my car. Put in new antifreeze and notice there was steam after I let it run for a few minutes. Is it too much or too little? I accidentally spilled some one the radiator trying to pour it in the car. The car runs more quiet than it did before since I changed the oil and oil filter. Just want to make sure the steam is not a bad thing since my last car blew the radiator hose, heated the engine, and warped it. If anyone can give me a little insight. Thanks|||The car is fine,no problem.|||the steam is the water you spilled that is now being boiled off of the radiator and possible exhaust manifold you spilled it on


no problem,|||did you make sure you mixed the anti freeze with water before you put it in? you%26#039;re supposed to go half water and antifreeze. also its a good idea to fill your radiator then start your engine with the cap off. (this lets coolant get in your hoses and to your engine) then barely top it off with more coolant (do not overfill it. just until you see fluid) the steam you saw was normal due to pressure in the radiator.|||no the steam isnt a bad thing. it sholudnt be a problem it s just the spilled oil heating off the radiator|||dont worry its just the water and coolant burning off the radiator on the outside,a little like putting water on your exhaust and then starting you car,what happens the water evaperates off as steam as the exhaust gets hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment