Friday, June 3, 2011

Why does my ac belt rub my lower radiator hose in my 1984 olds 98 5.0l 307?

I changed my upper and lower radiator hoses last week, and after my car ran hot, I found a pin hole in my lower hose from contact with the ac belt. When I look there is about 1/2 inch gap between the belt and hose. I was told that there is a part that can prtoect the hose from contact.|||All you need to do is loosen the hose clamps and twist the hose to obtain more clearance between the belt and the hose.. then tighten the clamps back ..|||Either you installed it wrong and need to twist the hose to a different position or you got the wrong hose no part of the belt should touch the hose regardless of a shield being installed or not.|||Incorrectly plumed or wrong hose. It should never touch. You can loosen them and twist them a little to relocate so it does not rub. Zip Ties will not last long enough in that environment (extreme heat and vibration) and it just looks like shoddy repair work to do so.|||you might have to tie the hose up out of the way of the belt|||First guy is right





use a zip tie to pull the hose out of the way

No comments:

Post a Comment