Tuesday, October 25, 2011

1990 Toyota Celica GT spits out water and over heats once in a while!!!?

My celica overheats by throwing out all of the water from the radiator, I have changed many hoses, thermostat, water pump and that's pretty much it. And every other month when I go long distance the Radiator will throw all the water out from the coolant bottle. What can the problem be?
1990 Toyota Celica GT spits out water and over heats once in a while!!!?
if you go to a garage and ask them to do a compression check ( bettr off scheduling it first) should take a 1/2 hr or so..

you may find that you have a blown head gasket,it may also require a pressurize coolent check ( very simple for them to do ).

If it is a blown head gasket... you'll have to decide if the car is worth the money to repair,it will cost you more in time/labor then the actual cost of the parts. but no one wants to work for free..agreed ??

best of luck
1990 Toyota Celica GT spits out water and over heats once in a while!!!?
have you tried a stop leak on the coolant system. Those work great to clog any leak in the system
First thing, check to see if you have water in the oil. If the oil is milky colored, water is leaking into the cylinders probably from a cracked head or blown head gasket. If the oil is not milky and you aren't leaking any coolant, check to be sure the radiator fan is cycling on and off properly. My best guess is that you need a new radiator. If the car only overheats under load after extended driving, your radiator is probably clogged up to the point that it doesn't have sufficient cooling capacity to meet your engine's needs at highway speeds.



I had a similar problem with my 1990 Honda Civic. I thought the head was cracked even though I had no oil in the water. I pulled the head and had it checked - it was fine. I went ahead and overhauled the engine since I had already come this far and it was a high mileage engine. The water pump was in great condition, no coolant leaks anywhere. Got my freshly rebuilt engine all set, tuned, ready to go. Took it for a test drive and, presto, still overheating. I put a new radiator in and now it runs cool as a cucumber.
I agree with the first answer it might be a leak in your coolant system. If the water is popping out the top then that just means you really need to take breaks during long drives. If it over heats to the point that it's dripping off the cap then your head gasket could blow at any moment.



For a Celica it's a grand to fix the head gasket and even then it could blow again by what you're describing. More coolant would be helpful or turning the heater on while driving to cool the engine.
  • extension to sqltableprovider
  • creating file
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment