Thursday, October 6, 2011

2002 GA SE1 3.4 V6 cooling fans not working, overheats?

2002 GA SE1 3.4 V6 130,000 miles. This car is overheating. Cooling fans are not kicking on. (Even with the A/C on) Coolant comes out of the reservoir overflow hose. Here are the things I have done:

New Thermostat and new reservoir %26quot;pressure%26quot; cap

Bled air out of system.

Pressure tested system-holds PSI steady

Checked every fuse and swapped out every fuse at all 3 fuse/relay boxes.

Checked and OHMed the relays and also numbered and swapped their positions at the underhood fuse box/relay panel.



When I jump the #1 and #2 cooling fan circuits (relays) at the underhood fuse /realy block the fans will turn on and run.

When the temp guage hits about 220 the antifreeze pukes out the overflow hose and I did notice that the lower rad hose collapses and pinches shut.



So, do I have a bad PCM?? I know I need a new lower radiator hose (plan on changing upper also) Also, I am going to pull the water pump to inspect it.



If you have any other ideas please let me know!!



Oh, also I hooked up my code scanner to the car and it comes up clean.


2002 GA SE1 3.4 V6 cooling fans not working, overheats?
might as well change out water pump because they're cheap. i was wondering what the coolant temp reads on the scan tool? maybe you have a bad temp sensor. also bleed system again to check for residual air pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment